Last week the board of education met in committee to discuss the phase in plan that was proposed prior to the start of school. The plan itself consists of phasing students back for face-to-face instruction while allowing families the option to remain in remote instruction indefinitely. The phase in plan which is scheduled to start February 16th includes…
- The optional return to face-to-face instruction for students in Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, Students receiving special education services, and 5th grade.
- Parents will be able to choose face-to-face instruction or remain in remote learning.
- A survey has been sent out to this first group to gauge the number of students returning. Other families will be able to participate in the survey when their child(s) grade is scheduled for return.
- The district will be running an A/B model which allows for face-to-face instruction on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, Friday. This will be for students coming back from 1st through 8th
- Students slotted in the “A” model will attend school on Monday and Tuesday and will have remote learning on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Students slotted in the “B” model will have remote learning on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and will attend school on Thursday and Friday.
- A family handbook will be accessible for more information on the plan.
- Students receiving special education services returning:
- Families may choose in person or remote learning. Face-to-face education will be daily Monday through Friday.
- North Prairie
- Families may choose in person or remote learning. The schedule for these students are still being discussed.
- The building principal or special education director will be in contact with those families requesting in person instruction.
- For Pre-Kindergarten, students will be returning Monday through Friday in the mornings or will remain remote. We have limited space available for Pre-Kindergarten face-to-face.
- Parents will be notified by the building principal who may report to school.
- For Kindergarten, the district will be running an AM/PM model Monday through Friday or will remain remote.
- Parents will be notified by the building principal for Kindergarten AM or PM time slots.
- The district has and will include guidance on safety protocols to help with the transition.
- The district will evaluate the phase in plan for this next group and identify when future grades will be brought back.
Food distribution will be adjusted beginning the week of February 15th.
- There will no longer be food distribution on Monday or Tuesday.
- The new day will be Wednesdays from 11:00am to 2:00pm
- This will take effect on Wednesday February 17th.
- Grab-n-go lunches will be available for in person students.
If you have any questions regarding the phase in process or food distribution, please contact your building principal.
As always, it’s important we continue to work together and support our students, families, and staff. Thanks again.